Have you ever found yourself driving somewhere and finally arrived at the location, realizing you recall nothing about the journey? This is what we call mindlessness. Sometimes, you’re just so busy balancing work, and family life, that you begin to zone out at certain times.
Mindfulness focuses on adapting your mind to become more aware, and allows you to savor and enjoy the present moment. You will be able to make wiser choices, and enhance your quality of life.
Who Needs It ?
We are living in a world full of constant stimulations. We are consistently bust in planning, solving problems, categorizing, analyzing, and reacting. Our brain just does not get the time to slow down, and pause for a second.
Are you doing any of the following on a daily basis?
- Predicting the future
- Black and white/all-or-nothing thinking
- Disqualifying the positive
- Assuming the worst
- Not tolerating uncertainty
Mindfulness on the other hand, can alter these unhealthy patterns by making you pause and think. You are able to switch over from the “doing” to “being” state of mind. You’ll see real changes, by becoming more responsive to life, and training your mind to focus on positive thoughts.
Our therapists at The IPRC Clinic use mindfulness-based therapy. We also offer the following programs:
- Mindful Living; an eight-week course based on evidence based Mindfulness & Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness for children and teens; weekend workshops
- Mindfulness Meditation 101; a monthly circle for adults
Check our events calendar for upcoming mindfulness programmes.